Classes and Clinics
Classes are a fun way to learn new skills, get out of the house and meet fellow parents.
Introduction to Babywearing
Perfect for expectant parents and those with babies 3 months and younger
What to expect in the class;
- Demonstration of the four main types of carriers; wraps, ring slings, meh dai and soft structured carriers
- You will be guided through putting on three different carriers
- Discussion of the benefits of wearing for baby and caregiver
- Guidelines for optimal positioning
- Explore the library of carriers.
- The use of a weighted demo doll allows for learning the carries before trying with a real baby.
$20 or $30/couple
Adjusting a carrier you already own can make it much more comfortable and useful. This clinic is suited to those who already know how to put the carrier on but would like to check the fit and optimize comfort for baby and adult.
You sign up for one 15 minute private session.
There is no set fee. Pay what you want at the session.
Speciality classes offer an opportunity to focus on one skill or carrier. Consult the calendar for what is available in the coming months.
- Back wearing - getting baby on your back for the first time
- Ring slings - tips and tricks for new and novice users
- Back wrapping - using a woven wrap we will learn two ways to tie on the back
- Short and mid length wrapping - focus on carries that use size 2-4 woven wraps
You decide on the topic, location and attendees. Get a group of friends and their kids together. The library of carriers is at your disposal during the session also.
- Up to 5 adults
- In your home or at Kindermusik Discovery, 3412 Roblin Ave
Approx 1.5 hr
$75 split between the participants