Car Seat Inspection
At a car seat inspection I work to empower and educate so that you will be confident in getting a good installation every time you put the seat in your vehicle. When I first took the Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST) training I was struck by all the small details that were in involved in ensuring a proper installation. It involves not just reading the child restraint manual but also the vehicle's manual to ensure everything fit together the way it should. I look forward to working through all those details with you.
A car seat inspection will take about an hour depending on complexity and number of seats involved.
Donations are gratefully accepted for this service.
What to expect at an inspection
- I review the seat as currently installed and check fit on the child if they are present. This can be completed first if the child is in the seat upon arrival.
- Intake questions. Many of these can be answered before the check, please fill out as much of the questionnaire as possible.
- Sign the liability waiver. You may review the waiver in advance through the link on this page.
- The seat is removed from the vehicle and inspected. Serial number and expiry checked.
- I check for recalls
- I install the seat noting any technique or tips for getting a good install.
- The seat is removed and you install.
- I check the final installation. Fit on the child can be checked at this point if they are present.